The Health Hub – all you need to know
“The Health Hub” is Nyaho Medical Centre’s intentional way of promoting preventive healthcare, in a personalized and coordinated manner. It is a unit dedicated to providing you with a number of health & wellness packages to enable you to live a healthier, happier, and more productive life.
Too many times, we hear of a family member, close friend or work colleague who died much earlier than expected or has been diagnosed with a worrying chronic condition we never imagined will happen so soon. In most cases, IF the condition had been detected earlier, the unfortunate could have been avoided. Evidence-based research shows that diabetes, hypertension, and associated chronic conditions are fast emerging as major health problems with a significant impact on families and work. Annual health screening exercises are good however they only give a snapshot of a person’s health status at any given time.
At Nyaho Medical Centre’s Health Hub, our health & wellness packages go beyond health screening and focus more on coordinating the support you need in a personalized way. This means the Health & Wellness Coordinator works with you to provide a package designed to suit you as a unique individual.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
We all would want to live long fruitful lives and that means growing old, but no one wants to be riddled with illness, long stays in hospital, and increasing cost of medication in their advanced years.
Here’s why you need to make those small lifestyle changes today that will pay off in the future. The Health Hub is here to give you all the support you need by letting you know what to do and how to go about it. Sometimes it only requires small lifestyle changes now to yield generous results for a healthier you in the future.
WHAT DOES THE HEALTH HUB OFFER?
In one cozy space, the Health Hub offers:
- A snapshot of your health status using a number of tests
- A medical or lifestyle care plan uniquely designed for you (personalized care)
- A genetic test kit (DNAFit) that uses a mouth swab to profile your DNA to enable you know precisely what fitness activities & nutrition best suit you as a person (personalized care)
- A Health Coordinator who connects you to all the experts (e.g. Dietician, Fitness Coach, Physiotherapist, Emotional Therapist etc.) you may need depending on your health status (coordinated care)
- An online portal SMARTcare (soon to be launched) where patients with chronic conditions (diabetes & hypertension) can enter their vitals with the assurance that a Doctor/Nurse is monitoring their progress closely
INTERESTED IN MAKING SMALL CHANGES FOR A BETTER LIFE IN THE FUTURE?
Visit the Health Hub at our Airport branch, call/WhatsApp 050-918-4482, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be delighted to answer any questions you may have.